Thursday, January 22, 2015

Mac and Cheese Alert!! CLEAN EATS!!! :D

If you are anything like me, you love a good indulgent meal. But what if we could engineer that meal so that it didn't undo our entire days? We've been working hard, right??

I want my cake... and I wanna eat it, too.

Well, this isn't exactly cake. But it IS one of my favorite dishes of all time. Mac and Cheese!!!


You'll need:

  • 8 oz. elbow pasta of choice (I choose a gluten free or a whole wheat)
  • 8 oz. shredded cheese of your choice
  • 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 2 cups fresh spinach
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • onion powder and garlic powder to taste
Here's how you make it:
  • Cook the macaroni according to the package's instructions. 
  • Place the spinach leaves in the bottom of the strainer
  • Pour the pasta over the top to drain and wilt the spinach.
  • Save 1/2 cup of pasta water and return the cookied macaroni and wilted spinach to the pot.
  • Add 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water to the pot, and stir in the cheese until melted.
  • Stir in the greek yogurt, and all spices until smooth and creamy.
  • If you want the sauce thinner, stir in the remaining pasta water. 
Serve immediately. Yum! Enjoy, my fit friends. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment